N Board Forum - Expanded Thread Page

Subject: 101plow shears, where to buy

[Back] [Return to Top of Forum]

Wayne N Ind.    Posted 09-27-2018 at 19:08:45 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • 101plow shears, where to buy
  • Anyone bought any lately? Man stopped by the barn and was asking. I did not want to part with any. Some of mine will probably be like the ones he has. Old.

    Scott PA    Posted 10-02-2018 at 19:12:57 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: 101plow shears, where to buy
  • Have him look for the number on the back of the old share and how many bolts hold the share on. Send me a email with the info and I can quote them.

    Tim Daley(MI)    Posted 09-28-2018 at 05:35:25 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: 101plow shears, where to buy
  • Try OSMUNDSON or PLOWORX. I don't know if either carries the FORD 101 plow shares, but call and ask. Most farm supply outlets should carry the later FORD 101 plow wear parts. OSMUNDSON is listed in our LINKS forum. Gaggle PLOWORX for their info. They bought out the old CRESCENT SHOVEL & PLOW CO. Just to be clear, the Ford 101 Plow sometimes is confused with the Dearborn 10-1 Plow -they are two different animals. The Ford 101 Plow was much later, after the Economy Plows, and parts are still available. It can be ID'd with the trip feature on the moldboards and furrow width adjusting arm. Click on the LINK below for the A&O Manual we have here. The Dearborn Moldboard Plow (Prior Model)was made from 1947 thru 1950, but is no longer serviced, meaning parts not made anymore. The Dearborn Economy Plow followed, 1950-1954, a much better design and wear parts only are still available. In '53/'54 Dearborn was absorbed by the new Ford Tractor Division, but model numbers and parts were still the same, only the ID Tag name changed. The company PLOWORX is now repopping the old Ferguson-Sherman plow points so look for the Dearborn shares to soon follow. Note that there is an error in our MANUALS forum/PLOWS. There is a plow brochure listed as the 101 Plow but it isn't. It is for the Dearborn/Ford Economy Plows. This LINK has the correct FORD 101 Plow manual.

    Tim Daley(MI)

    Tim Daley(MI)    Posted 09-28-2018 at 06:17:58 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Here is a LINK to PLOWORX, but like I said, don't know if they supply 101 Plow parts yet.

    Tim Daley(MI)

    Kirk-NJ    Posted 09-28-2018 at 04:41:58 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: 101plow shears, where to buy
  • Picked some up in the spring from Agri supply.

    Dean    Posted 09-27-2018 at 19:41:12 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: 101plow shears, where to buy
  • 14" 101 shares are not difficult to find. Any good tractor and implement store should be able to get them.

    Not sure about 12" shares.


    Tim Daley(MI)    Posted 09-30-2018 at 07:44:33 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: 101plow shears, where to buy
  • 20 years ago you could go into a tsc store and get most wear parts for implements. Not so today. I recall them stocking moldboards, shins, shares, frogs, and landsides for most makes and models especially a lot of FORD parts. they also had discs and sweeps. Today they are nothing but a glorified clothing, pet food limited hardware store. Need some Carharts -we've got 'em. Need some Purina Dog Chow -got that too. Oh, you need a Ford Tractor front mount distributor, sorry don't know what that is and don't stock them anyway. And forget hardware. Need a 7/16-20 x 3" Hex Head bolt? Sorry, don't carry those either. Try across the street at Fastenal. Oh, wait, it's Sunday and they're closed. If you go tomorrow I'm sure they order one for you.

    Tim (I'm not A TSC or FASTENAL customer) Daley

    [Back] [Return to Top of Forum]