N Board Forum - Expanded Thread Page

Subject: Wagner f.e.l. spool rebuild question

[Back] [Return to Top of Forum]

Beth and Allen    Posted 04-24-2020 at 09:12:53 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Wagner f.e.l. spool rebuild question
  • I have 2 sets of spools for the wagner f.e.l. that I just rebuilt. Both were a bit wonky before I dismantled both loaders, my question is, are they rebuildable (if) there is even parts available and (or) should I just buy a new set of spools, if someone can make a suggestion on a reasonably priced good replacement? Thanks, God Bless Beth and Allen.

    Randy (PA)    Posted 04-24-2020 at 23:48:31 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Wagner f.e.l. spool rebuild question
  • My experience with spool valves has taught me that the spools are select-fit to the bores in the valve, so parts can not be stocked for repairs.

    TheOldHokie    Posted 04-24-2020 at 12:05:48 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Wagner f.e.l. spool rebuild question
  • I assume you mean valves not just the spools. The valves are not rebuildable and AFAIK replacement parts are not available. New two spool valves are inexpensive and available from any number of sources. The main "complication" you will run into is the Wagner lift cylinders are single acting and OTS two spool valves are typically double acting on both spools. You can use a double acting spool to operate the single acting cylinders by teeing the unused work port back into the tank return line.


    Beth and Allen    Posted 04-24-2020 at 15:52:18 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Hey Old Hokey,Good to see you on here.
  • I'm guessing you mean the cylinders only work one way,Ex power lifting gravity down. If so mine work both directions so "correct me if I'm wrong" mine are double acting,push and pull. Hydraulics isn't something I've had much experience on, so I'm going on a dash of common sense and a lot of ok lets try this. Again correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the lever and valve body assembly that operate the cylinders was called spools,either way mine are not so good and I've got to replace or rebuild and I value your input on this. Thanks and God Bless, Beth and Allen.

    TheOldHokie    Posted 04-24-2020 at 16:27:01 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Hey Old Hokey,Good to see you on here.
  • The "spool" is the sliding element in a hydraulic valve that covers and uncovers the control ports in the valve body. A double acting spool controls a two way cylinder. A single acting spool controls a one way (gravity down) cylinder.

    If your loader has a two way cylinder on the lift just replace that old valve with a new one:

    $110 dollars gets you one your way

    Personally I would opt for one with joystick control. They can be had for about the same price if you do a little looking.


    Beth and Allen    Posted 04-24-2020 at 16:03:52 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: P/S me again.
  • I just looked it up, I was only half right. it can be a single or two or more spool (directional control valve). But as I said I need to repair or replace.

    [Back] [Return to Top of Forum]