Posted 07-01-2017 at 17:43:56 [URL] [DELETE]
[Reply] [No Email] |
TO ALL REPLIES
You won't see any difference when you log into your PB account. You only get their new icon like this shown below when linking a stored photo to your account. Your pictures are still there, just not allowed to share them, under the new FREE account rules. Seems stupid as that is why we signed up in the first place. It is for us poor folks who only have had our FREE accounts and now must pay a fee if we want to share. When you go to the PB Homepage, at the very top it says 'New Terms of Agreement - Read More' Once there it shows the 'new terms' went into effect on June 28, 2017. Here's a partial list of their new TERMS of AGREEMENT. Note their FREE account no longer allows image linking. WTF??? What's the point of having an image hosting account then?
Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits
• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
• Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
• Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
• Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
• Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.
o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.
o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.
• Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:
o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team
o No Ads: When you're logged into your Plus account, you won't see any ads on Photobucket pages (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus Accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements).
• Modifying Your Plus Account : Photobucket has the right to change the limits at any time. If you are a Paying Member, you can always upgrade to a higher-level Plus Account and will have the opportunity to downgrade your service at the beginning of the next annual period anniversary following any such modifications.
• Payments, Expirations, Refunds and Cancelations :
· When you subscribe to the Ad-free service or to a Plus Account, you authorize Photobucket to charge you using your selected payment method for all applicable fees. If the auto-renewal option is selected, Photobucket will automatically charge your credit card monthly or annually, as applicable, unless you notify us that you want to cancel or disable auto-renewal prior to the next renewal.
· Paying Members are responsible for providing (and updating when necessary) complete and accurate billing and contact information to Photobucket.
• Paying Members can cancel at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel, except as provided below, you will not be charged for any future term of service, and you will continue to receive the service you purchased through the end of the paid term. Fees are non-refundable except as may be required by applicable law. In the event that Photobucket offers a monthly recurring payment option for any of its Plus Accounts, such offer requires an annual commitment that commences upon the date in which the Plus Account subscription is purchased by the Paying Member and ends on its one year anniversary (“Commitment Period”). In the event that a Member selects the monthly recurring payment option (if offered) and later terminates his/her Plus Account prior to the natural expiration of the Commitment Period, such Member shall be responsible for the immediate payment of an early termination fee equal to the product of the monthly recurring amount times the months remaining in the Commitment Period. Such payment shall be payable by the credit card or other form of payment that was used at the time of purchase. In the event that such credit card or other form of payment is no longer valid, Paying Member shall be responsible for making other payment arrangements.
· If any fee is not paid in a timely manner, or Photobucket is unable to process your transaction using the credit card information provided, Photobucket may suspend or terminate your account until such time as the applicable payment is made. At our discretion, Photobucket may also delete some or all of Your Content so as to reduce your storage space below the applicable Content Limit, which would result in the conversion of your Plus account to a free account (which is subject to the restrictions described in these Terms). In the event that Photobucket elects to seek payment of the early termination fee described above through an outside collection agency, Paying Member shall be responsible for the full cost and expense associated with such collection efforts in addition to the payment of accrued interest between the date in which Photobucket attempts to charge the early termination fee and the date in which the fee is actually paid at rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate allowed by applicable law.
Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lcPQqRqb
Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)
|*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*|