Off Topics Forum - Expanded Thread Page

Subject: Update

[Back] [Return to Top of Forum]

dave#1    Posted 01-18-2018 at 21:43:56 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Update
  • Been a while since my last update- no pics today.
    My wife and I are living/staying in the new house, we still don't have a Certificate of Occupancy yet because they are still working on the house,The zoning officer is letting us stay here due to the harsh weather that froze all the pipes in the old house and camper, The weather here has been brutal and has slowed everything down !!
    Now.... The new house????? WOW! We are so happy This house is(don't believe I'm going to say this) So very "Clean, Tight and Bright" LOL , We have been heating the house with 2 1500 watt "NEW" space heaters ( waiting on new furnace) The neat thing is "Everything" is brand new ! Every drawer,sink, carpet, counter top,window, handle ...... I won't have to fix one dang thing !!!
    My one and only computer is in the barn, it too is suffering from the harsh cold weather so no pics for a while !

    I'll be back!
    later,dave

    Philny    Posted 01-21-2018 at 20:24:16 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Glad to hear that you’re in the new place.we did the same thing 17 years ago,before we were in a fixer upper never ending job

    mthomas    Posted 01-19-2018 at 22:39:27 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Thank you for the update. I had been hoping the reason we had not heard was that you were overwhelmed with good things.

    John in Mich    Posted 01-19-2018 at 15:23:11 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • You telling us that you have a local government that has a conscience and some common sense? WOW! LOL
    It is a shame that the camper may suffer some damage. Glad to hear that you are in a better environment.

    Carson (NCAL)    Posted 01-19-2018 at 11:57:11 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Congratulation, hope you enjoy your new home.

    Island Mike    Posted 01-19-2018 at 11:32:19 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Great. I am excited too.
    What I want most is some warmth in the winter. Just remembered the boat heater quit.Need to get that fixed.

    Island Mike

    Larry TX    Posted 01-19-2018 at 10:57:20 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Just curious Dave, is the Building Inspector going to allow you to repair (shutter the burned openings) the burned structure for storage? Congrat's to you guys on occupying the new home, and hopefully you'll have the new central HVAC unit in place soon.

    steveVa    Posted 01-19-2018 at 10:22:30 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Tim Daley(MI)    Posted 01-19-2018 at 05:40:48 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Good news, Dave. Just two more weeks until Groundhog Day so maybe with the severe winter we've all had, we may luck out and get an early spring thaw. Please be cautious with any space heaters you use. Electrics are safe for the most part, it is just the kerosene and propane sourced ones that are dangerous. I've seen nasty fires destroy homes and deer camps from spilled kerosene and the CO˛ emitted from propane can be fatal. Be Safe...

    Tim Daley(MI)

    SelectOSpeed    Posted 01-19-2018 at 09:51:17 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Tim you are actually correct about CO2 from propane combustion. When propane burns with proper fuel to air ratio, it produces Carbon Dioxide and Water Vapor. That is why Unvented heaters will cause windows to sweat more readily when in use. Now, an improperly adjusted, or lint clogged burner ports/venturi will cause production of CO (Carbon Monoxide). Excessive gas pressure will also. The best indicators of this happening is the flame being predominantly bright yellow to a dull lazy,rolling orange color that produces Black Soot Tagging Smoke with a eye and nose burning Pungent odor. A Very Dangerous situation. Proper flames are predominantly Blue with Dancing Yellow Tips. FWIW, SoS.

    SelectOSpeed    Posted 01-19-2018 at 10:03:04 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • PS...
  • I failed to mention that Low Oxygen Content in Room Air will cause the burner to emit CO also. That is why Modern Unvented Gas appliances are equipped with a Oxygen Depletion Sensor in the Pilot assembly. This device is designed to extinguish the Pilot flame to effect a Safety Shutdown of the appliance before room Oxygen drops to a Unsafe level. SoS.

    steveVa    Posted 01-19-2018 at 10:16:30 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: PS...
  • Also a carbon-monixide detetor is your friend. Get 2.

    Tim Daley(MI)    Posted 01-19-2018 at 05:42:20 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • That should be CO, carbon monoxide, not dioxide...

    Tyler (MD)    Posted 01-19-2018 at 05:28:43 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Glad to hear you're staying in the house. Good deal Jaco!!

    Tyler

    J52J    Posted 01-19-2018 at 05:25:10 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [No Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Congratulations on you New Home. Clean, Bright and Tight is a good thing but watch out, next the Miss's will say is, " Those Boots Stop at the Door". First lets get that Furnace in.

    J52J/Jess

    Richard NY 2N    Posted 01-18-2018 at 22:28:27 [URL] [DELETE]        [Reply] [Email]  
  • Re: Update
  • Congrats to you and the misses! Yes the weather has been brutal. Glad you finally got in your new house, and the inspector is being nice about it. Enjoy all that new stuff inside!

    [Back] [Return to Top of Forum]


    Top