Re: Quick-connect units

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 09, 2017 at 15:17:05 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Quick-connect units posted by Dave in Wisconsin on June 08, 2017 at 17:13:16:

HiYa Dave-
I understand your want to make hitching easier, but most 3-point implements take less than a minute to hitch up to an N. The method as outlined in the manuals says to fasten left side implement pin to lift arm and lock with lynch pin. Go to right side lift arm and lower or raise your lift arm to get it connected and pinned. Lastly you connect the top link and move tractor forward or back to get the connection made there.
I am not as old you but suffer from arthritis in hands, knees, feet, and back. I still can hitch up the plow, disc, mower, brush hog, wagon, back blade, cultivator, drag, boom, and more in less than a minute. Granted some implements will take a lot longer like Dearborn rear and side mowers, combines, balers, foragers, corn pickers, et al but that's the nature of the beast. I use stabilizer bars on many of my implements but then once bars are set for one they're good for all - there's no mucking around trying to adjust them for each implement. Bars are set from lift arms ball sockets to the fender brackets with the 31-1/2" hole spread bars -that doesn't change. Besides I rarely go to TSC for anything. They are a glorified hardware/clothing/pet food outlet and I avoid them at all cost. Last week I needed some 5/16" wing nuts and it was after 5 PM so Fastenal was closed. I had no choice and went to the TSC across the street and sure as heck they had only one size wing nut -1/4"! Well you asked for comments so...

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]