What a day!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ncorrigible on June 15, 2017 at 21:54:08 [URL] [DELETE] :

Near here, in a small town of Viola Minnesota - I believe Dennis Carpenters home town - they celebrate the old practice of paying a bounty for pairs of gopher rear feet (Minnesota is the gopher state). Today was one of their festivals, and in their parade they featured Ford tractors. I brought out my 871. I washed it and made it all pretty, and it ran fine right up to the first time it caught on fire. I thought it was a gas fire, but the two ( I think they were legionaries ) saw it was a bird nest on top of my exhaust manifold and doused the fire with water. They were of the opinion I could finish the parade. I did, but I did not get back to my truck before it re-kindled. Again I was blocking the main street, and again others saved my tractor. This time a town resident used my screwdriver to get every hint of bird nest off my exhaust manifold. It looked to me like wren nesting materials, found over the the exhaust, over the start switch, and over the governor. A fire extinguisher will be ordered for each tractor tomorrow. I will also have a new pre-use procedure I have probably used that tractor 10 to 15 times this year - I move my wagons and trailers with it - I just never ran it long enough to start a fire. Check above the exhaust manifold will be on the pre-flight list

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]