Re: 9n won't start think its the starter hi current switch

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 01, 2017 at 07:00:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 9n won't start think its the starter hi current switch posted by Dan Chisler on July 31, 2017 at 21:24:07:

Again Dan, the generator is part of the charging system, the starter is part of the ignition system -two different animals and the genny isn't part of the equation until engine is running. It has nothing to do/no effect whatsoever on starting the tractor engine. If the battery is good, go over ALL the wiring again -something must be shorted to ground. If you have lights, cigar lighter, radio or 8-track player, disconnect them. New does not always guarantee good out the door. I was working on a friends Massey-Ferguson last week and found his battery was junk even though he insisted it was good based on "...I just bought it last year...it has to be good...". Yep, new last year from Auto Zone. Didn't check it out the door. Cells were low on water, winter came and battery froze -you can tell by the swollen case. Bad cells mean won't charge. I was able to take it back and get a new one as the 1-year warranty was about to expire by about a week. You don't need the original receipt, just the phone number of the one who purchased it. I also just had similar problem with my daughters 2002 car she just bought. The battery was an O'Reilly's special and purchased new in 2016. They wouldn't take it back...so, lessons learned...

TPD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]