Re: how new should I go?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JamesNAla on August 10, 2017 at 21:24:13 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: how new should I go? posted by SelectOSpeed on August 10, 2017 at 19:09:05:

There are apparently 2 versions of the ad-on Live PTO, one with a hydraulic line, the other without. Both will stop the tractor’s movement while allowing the PTO to continue to operate any equipment connected to the tractor.

I have a 1954 NAA that has the unit that does NOT have the hydraulic connection. There is a lever, about 20 inches long. connected to the same plate the PTO engaging lever is on.

As you said, this lever releases a clutch when it is moved forward, stopping the tractor. When ready to move again, allowing the spring-operated lever to return to its normal position causes the tractor to start moving. There IS a clutch involved so the lever should be eased back to its normal position. Otherwise, the tractor will lurch forward jerkily. Bad move.

To adjust this unit, on the other (Right) inspection plate, there is
an adjusting nut, along with a locking nut. Loosen the locking nut. Tighten the adjusting nut if the clutch slips or the tractor will not move at all. Turning the adjusting nut the other way can be a DISASTER if backed off its threads.
This will require removing the top cover and reconnecting everything.

Don't ask how I know this!

HTH,

JamesNAla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]