Re: Question about place to buy parts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce (VA) on September 06, 2017 at 13:10:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Question about place to buy parts posted by Jason Claspill on September 06, 2017 at 12:47:40:

MO gets about as cold as VA. I own 4 8N's, all 6v, here in VA and never had a problem w/ any of them starting in the winter.

From my experience, I've only found three reasons to convert an N to 12v:

1. You need to run 12v equipment (sprayers, pumps, lights, etc)

2. You have a simultaneous failure of the v/r & generator or battery & the cost to replace those parts is close to or exceeds the cost of a conversion

3. Your N has poor compression (like less than 90 lbs) and you do not want to rebuild it

If an N is hard to start in cold weather (or any weather) the owner should find out why & fix it! These tractors have low compression, low HP engines and will start just fine on 6v.

For new parts, Just8N's is an excellent choice, along with Dennis Carpenter.

These guys should be able to help you w/ used parts:

John Smith smith8N@att.net

Rod Mondor at Forest Lake Tractor fltractor@peoplepc.com or 651 464

Ken at Long Lane Tractor lltractor@embarqmail.com or 717-367-8610

Get OEM components rebuilt. Iíve been working on old cars, trucks & tractors now for over 50 years. Whenever possible, I get OEM component parts rebuilt. Given the high probability that any new component part purchased for an N tractor is made somewhere overseas w/o adequate quality control, chances are very good that you will be disappointed. If you do not have a local rebuild shop, give these guys a call for a quote & shipping info:

Automotive Manufacturers Inc
2400 N Lombardy St Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 321-6861

They do mail order work. They rebuild carbs, clutches, pressure plates, water pumps, alternators, generators, starters & reline brakes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]