Neighbors Ford Collection Going On The Block

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on October 14, 2017 at 16:51:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

Recently, I posted about the loss of my neighbor and friend who was also a Ford tractor collector.

Things are happening very quickly, and his collection is going on the block in a week or two.

I like the family and offered advise regarding selling and offered to help to get the tractors running prior to sale without compensation. None of the family live locally so they decided to sell all at auction as is. Sad, as none have run for 6-8 (some 10) years and a couple are stuck (probably valve guides).

Yesterday, I helped three of his non mechanically inclined sons pump up tires (all new but about 8-10 years old) and pull the tractors out of the barn for pressure washing and auction.

Compounding errors, they did not pick an auctioneer familiar with antique tractors. I have no idea where he will advertise the auction. Who knows who will show up.

I can walk to the auction and will attend but am torn about bidding. There are 3 or 4 tractors that I would have bought 10+ years ago but, at 68, I have too many tractors and do not need projects. Moreover, I do not wish to bid against friends, and friend/acquaintances may show up. That said, I expect that all will go cheap as all are non running.

Decisions, decisions.

Dean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]