Re: My 8N Tractor In AD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 16, 2017 at 05:58:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: My 8N Tractor In AD posted by SelectOSpeed on November 15, 2017 at 20:05:35:

The copyright laws have changed since the advent of the Internet, but they still apply, contrary to what most people think. Most books have a notation stating that "No part of this book may be reproduced without permission from the publisher". DVD's and CD's/albums/tapes all carry a similar message. The problem is people think once it shows up on the Internet, it is in the public domain and free to use as one likes. Years ago I once found a Dearborn Manual on ebay being sold by some 'seller'. It caught my eye because there was hand written note on the cover in pencil by some previous owner. That's mine I said! The manual was one I had posted here in our MANUALS library and was now my property. When I contacted the 'seller' he just told me he found it on the Internet and thus was free to use and that I should just go and have sex with my mother. I filed a complaint with ebay but never heard a peep from them. Copyrights are good for 35 years then they expire but can be renewed. I don't mind sharing info for others to benefit from, but when used to gain profit, that's when I have problem. I did hear back from the folks at Stevens and they said their tech department found the picture on the Internet and di not see a copyright or watermark on it nor any other info. They are going redo the ad and add my name, tractor model and such, in the future. That's fine, but I won't hold my breath.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]