Re: Grandson

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BlasterStumps on November 23, 2017 at 16:09:26 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Grandson posted by Jim In Montana on November 23, 2017 at 11:53:03:

One day when I was nine and we lived just outside of Hamilton, Montana, I drove our old Massy Harris over to our neighbors place about two miles away to return a borrowed silage trailer. He lived down a lengthy road along a canal then the road turned left up an incline into his yard. I made the turn into the yard but forgot to shift down in time an stalled the tractor. Of course there were no brakes on the tractor that would hold back both the trailer and tractor on that incline, so, back towards the canal we went. Also of course, the battery was flat on the tractor so hitting the starter did no good. Our neighbor saw the event unfolding and rushed out to give the crank a spin. Luckily the engine fired up and I was once again headed up the incline. Only the rear of the trailer had made it down the embankment into the water. I kept quiet about the incident for some time because my dad would have put more restrictions on my driving and I didn't want that. All I knew at the time was , "all's well that ends well".

Hind sight makes me wonder if I had been older/bigger, I might could have pressed harder on the brake pedals but as it were, I had no chance of stopping the rig using the brakes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]