Re: Oil, Conventional or Synthetic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles Krammin on December 14, 2017 at 14:20:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Oil, Conventional or Synthetic posted by TheOldHokie on December 14, 2017 at 09:37:25:

My first item on analysis is "I wonder what problem the operator added to create the problem", and proceed to check the obvious, dirty gas in carb and tank, spark, air , garaged or set outside,filter, color of oil. and then ask him "What did you do or not due before the problem showed up?
In my relations experience. the kids , filled the gas tank. The carb was full of water and I had to drain the whole fuel tank. I originally thought it was from setting outside or cap had been left off. Once I left, it happened again. Drain all gas again and then check the gas can used. Sure enough the kids left the gas can cap off, outside, and it was half full of water.
In the GC190, wood splitter, the owner was very concensuss. I first thought , his helpful wife placed the waste oil back in the containor used and not marked it and changed oil using the waste oil. Containors of waste oil were marked with tape and pencil as such. Made wife mad at me for asking.
The owner operator didn't want (and still hasn't) to believe my statement. "You oil was dirty". I saved it but he refuse to look at it. I think I contrivred the dirty oil with some of mine.
End of story. He purchased a new motor from Harbor freight for $105.(different name then Honda). Gave me the old motor, I fixed it with the PB Blaster, and gave it to my friend who will probably use it to build a Go-cart for his grandkids. Me and my helpful neighbor are happy and guess I'll have to rent a wood splitter to split my wood in the future.
I think an oil change "twice a year" for this splitter or at least, each year, before use, seasonally is the solution.
Charles Krammin
Charles Krammin
I

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]