Re: 19-1 Snowplow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kirk-NJ on January 13, 2018 at 05:28:13 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 19-1 Snowplow posted by Roger on January 12, 2018 at 20:49:22:

The correct snowplow for your tractor would be the 19-80. Check in the manual section, the red tool bar at top of paper. The 19-80 came with either the cable system, shown here on my 4000, or the hydraulic system, Which you will also need a valve.
That said, you might be able to fit the 19-1 universal frame, which was used on the N tractors and use it on your 601. Here a photo of my 601 with the ARPS frame. I made up a set of rear brackets for it using 4x6 angle iron. The hole for the pin was dropped lower and moved forward so that the front guides line up with the front brackets.
IMO the ARPS frame is stronger than the dearborn 19-1 frame. I have seen more dearborns that have been twisted than ARPS frame. I'm not knocking dearborn, I have one on my '46 right now, all I saying is that if you do buy the dearborn 19-1 make sure it's straight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]