Re: Ford 860 hydraulic pump

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on February 07, 2018 at 14:10:47 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Ford 860 hydraulic pump posted by Bob Thomas on February 07, 2018 at 09:34:06:

Is there an upgrade I can buy that has greater flow and would not require an auxiliary pump to run a FEL?

Maybe. I make gear pump conversions (see picture below) that are simple bolt on replacements for your OEM pump. Price for the pump is $375 and assuming you have the aluminum hydraulic manifold another $50 for an adapter plate to replace it. That includes everything you need to bolt it onto the tractor and fixes your primary problem quite nicely.

The higher flow rate is a little harder to deal with. The gear pump Inormally supply is sized to match the flow of the OEM pump. A larger pump can be easily and cheaply substituted but you must avoid making it so large that the increased flow overwhelms the internal components in the 3pt controls. How much headroom you have for a larger pump is a question I cannot answer but if you are up to doing some experimentation we should be able to find the sweet spot.

It's also possible to divert the pump output straight to to your loader valve and then divide it on teh back side so that a portion goes to the 3pt and any excess straight back to the reservoir. At that point we need only worry about the volume of oil in the reservoir - e.g. is it enough to support the higher flow rate. In the case of a loader the answer is almost certainly yes.

If that interests you give me a call or send an email to discuss the details.

TOH
Cell: 301.655.0631
Email: oldhokie@windyridgefarm.us

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]