Re: Carb advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on February 15, 2018 at 11:15:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Carb advice posted by Mark on February 15, 2018 at 09:26:26:

New replacement carbs are basically junk. Most of the original type MS carbs found on these tractors have been rebuilt so many times there is no way to know what they are by the markings on the case. Most of them can be cleaned-up and rebuilt to TSX-33 specifications. I started treating carb rebuilds like an engine rebuild. I don't know what is needed until the carb is in pieces. Check all parts removed for wear and correct size, then order just the individual parts and gaskets actually needed for each carb. I clean and rebuild 2 or 3 carbs at a time, so I consolidate orders to save shipping cost. I have MUCH better luck buying individual jets than relying on any rebuild kit having the correct parts. This also costs a lot less than buying kits full of wrong size parts and parts that don't need to be replaced.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]