Re: Carb advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 15, 2018 at 11:28:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Carb advice posted by Mark on February 15, 2018 at 09:26:26:

The original carburaetor used on the 9N, 2N, and early 8Ns is the Marvel-Schebler TSX-33 Model. On the 8N, Ford soon went to the M/S TSX-241 Model. Both of those carbs work fine; the 241 was an upgraded model that's all. Here are some pictures of the TSX-33 carb. M/S carbs have a ping-paddle cast boss, with the "TSX-33" cast recessed on the boss, and the TSX-241 carbs went to a brass tag riveted on the boss with the model number and a manufacturing date code stamped on it. I don't know what you have and don't want to speculate. If you want, email me pictures and we can discuss further. I have some original M/S TSX-33 and 241 carbs and also do rebuilds. I wouldn't buy anything just yet. New stuff is not that good. Always rebuild these original parts whenever email is open.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]