Re: starter button/penny revisited

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on February 23, 2018 at 12:39:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: starter button/penny revisited posted by JMOR on February 23, 2018 at 08:46:06:

Tony, Sounds like youíre on the right track. Good chance thereís no continuity at the starter switch. You can remove the case by prying back the crimps with a spade chisel or make your own by grinding a concrete nail. My copper inside was real dirty from the arcing...cleaned it up and good continuity. Once thatís eliminated as a source of error the only other thing it can be based on you having power at the switch is the mechanical connection to the starter button. Before Iíd glue a bunch of pennies on I think I would push down on the bellcrank with the starter button removed and see if I can get continuity on the solenoid. If you have to go a long way, then a spacer nut may be a better option. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]