starter button autopsy result

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 2NTony on February 23, 2018 at 22:27:05 [URL] [DELETE] :

2N, 12 volt conversion.
Some of you know I've been chasing a starter problem. Turns out it was the starter switch. No continuity. This particular switch was bought from YT last summer. No rant here, just facts. In fact, I bought the same switch again today from YT.

I have the internal switch contacts beside me as I type this.

The lower contact, next to the engine looks sooty, like a well-used contact should, a little melted plastic on one contact.

The upper contact, next to the button, has been molten. The brass contacts look normal in wear and color, but are sunken and out of line.

Boys, this thing got hot, and honestly I can't think of anything that would cause it but operator error in cranking to long. If am a wrong, please correct me.

Thanks for reading,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]