Re: 8N Brakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on February 28, 2018 at 11:34:36 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N Brakes posted by Kimble on February 27, 2018 at 10:54:09:

On three different tractors all I did was make sure the hubs were tight, make sure the fluid level wasn't too high, and thoroughly cleaned the oily fluid and dirt off the brake shoes and other parts. It may not be possible to actually wear-out a set of 8N brake shoes. After cleaning mine they looked like new. I have not had to replace any axle seals yet. The left side brake quit working on the 8N, but I left it parked on a hill side for half a day, and it obviously gunked-up the brakes on that side again. Maybe a new set of axle seals is in my near future, but I'm going to try cleaning them again, and not park on any hillsides. I do use the full synthetic combination fluid, and I suspect that causes more leakage than might occur with the old 90-weight stuff.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]