Re: Engine conversion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michford on March 17, 2018 at 09:16:54 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Engine conversion posted by John Poe on March 12, 2018 at 01:43:03:

John, your email is open so can I email you a few pictures of a home built 4x4 2N? I took some pictures of one at the Old Engine Show from Buckley MI in 2012. I cant post them in the thread directly as I used to use photobucket but they no longer allow linking photos. I spoke to the owner that built it and he used a jeep front axle and made his own brackets to mount the front axle. I seem to remember him saying he used a 90 degree gearbox from an Allis Chalmers Rotobaler and it bolted right up to the right side of the tractor. He put a Ferguson tag on the gearbox just for grins. As both Kirk and Kevin already mentioned, there was the Elenco aftermarket kit but they can be difficult but not impossible to find. You would be more likely to find one on the east coast or midwest as that is where most were sold. Finding an Elenco would be the easiest route for your 4x4 conversion. There was another aftermarket kit made by Sherman Napco, but they are even more rare then the Elenco. I can also email you a picture of the inside of the gearbox of the Sherman Napco to show where the chain drive picks on the coupler between the transmission and rear end if you end up making your own. I have both an Elenco on an 841 Ford and a Sherman Napco on an 860 Ford.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]