Re: 58 861 Work light dimension

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 06, 2018 at 14:20:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 58 861 Work light dimension posted by Mike on May 06, 2018 at 07:07:26:

My question was to Gaspump. I was not saying the worklight was clear and the taillight was red. We know that. I said the original taillights had BOTH the clear license plate lens and the red tail lamp lens. The Hundred Series tractors revamped the DUOLAMP taillight to a red plastic lens only and eliminated the clear lens altogether. It also did away with the fender bracket and just bolted to the fender directly. I have an original drawing of the 8N-15500 Implement Lamp assembly. My records show this worklight was used from 49 thru 64. The original lamp itself 8N-15514 was never a sealed beam -it had the soldered on bayonet style bulb, Industry Standard now as p/n RP-11.
The worklight could be mounted on either fender bracket -it was nor delegated to one or the other. Some fellas mount both the worklight and taillight the left fender bracket as shown in my picture. Many picture sin implement and tractor manuals depict teh8N with taillight on left -it had to be according to state highway laws -and the worklight on the RH fender. To me that seemed the most practical application.

ORIGINAL FORD 8N-15514 LAMP/BULB:

NEW BAYONET STYLE BULB, p/n RP-11:

FORD 8N-15500 WORKLIGHT & 8N-13404 DUOLAMP TAILLIGHT:

1948 8N W/DEARBORN CULTIVATOR:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]