Re: Ford 2 n with 12 volt system not charging

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 12, 2018 at 06:03:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Ford 2 n with 12 volt system not charging posted by Will on June 11, 2018 at 22:57:30:

My advice on buying a new carb off ebay is don't. Most all new parts are Cheena made junk. The original Marvel-Schebler carbs were designed to be rebuilt over and over. Never assume a 'new' part is set correctly either out of the box. You just don't take it out and slap it on without first checking settings. You will tackle one problem at a time. Three things are need to run: Fuel, Spark, and Compression. You will concentrate on the first two for now. In my previous message I said to get the electrical system verified. Before you start and while your battery and/or alternator are being tested at a shop, you can do a fuel test to see if the carb is getting fuel. SEE BRUCES TIPS. Simply remove carb drain plug on bottom of unit and open fuel valve 2-turns. Does fuel drip out at a steady pace? If so, leave carb alone for now. If no fuel flow, you have blockage, probably in the 3 screens in the system. You can fix that easily enough but DO NOT make any carb adjustments now. AS I said, I suspect your root cause issue is bad wiring. Once this is corrected, you can concentrate on the others like fuel and spark.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]