Re: brake lock repair kit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on July 21, 2018 at 04:21:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: brake lock repair kit. posted by Larry on July 20, 2018 at 14:04:37:

Since that pawl is welded onto the pedal I would say it is a part of the pedal itself and not an individual part you can buy.
You would have to cut the old one off and weld the new one on. Getting it placed exactly would take some doing as it has to be reasonably precise to engage the other part acurately.
I'm a good welder/fabricator but if that were my tractor I would just replace the pedal as the easiest way out.
Are there any boneyards near you?
It's not hard to remove that pedal. A bit of monkeying around to remove the step plate and brake linkages, etc but really not at all complicated. Then take it to the boneyard and match it up. I probably have one. Might have a couple. One off a 4400and one from a 3000. I think either will fit. Trouble is they are up at my land and it will be a few weeks till I get up there. If you were willing to wait I could check. I'm thinking $20 plus shipping for one.
Send me an email with your phone # if you are interested.
Those SUs are fantastic tractors by the way.
52 hp, independent pto, PS, differential lock, double reduction rear end, superb disc brakes. All on a platform that is short, low and very nimble.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]