Re: This one was all me.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 22, 2018 at 18:17:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: This one was all me. posted by Jerry on July 22, 2018 at 16:15:21:

HiYa Jerry-
Welcome to the wonderful world of FORD Tractors Ėyouíre gonna have fun! But as with any subject, SAFETY FIRST must be practiced. Now, no one is going to kick you out of the NTC unless there is a rules violation, and then itís only a temporary ban. Understand that as in life, some have thicker skins than others and no one is out to disrespect, make personal attacks, or beat you up. That being said, my usual first question I ask newbies is do you have the essential manuals? It is strongly advised that as a new Ford Tractor owner/operator you get these manuals and read them religiously, preferably before you buy your tractor. How much mechanical experience one has isnít important, but it does help knowing which end of a wrench to use. Itís knowing how these machines were designed to operate, and what you can and cannot do with them no matter how many engines and vehicles youíve worked on. Todayís modern Internet offers many U-TOOB videos on how to do just about anything, but donít rely on them to gather your knowledge from. READ the manuals. The FORD 8N OPERATORíS MANUAL, The FORD 8N DEALER SERVICE MANUAL, and I&T F-04 MANUAL all have chapters on how to drop the oil pan as well as rebuilding the engine and other systems. Also, every FORD TRACTOR and IMPLEMENT MANUAL has at least a page on safety operation. You got lucky this time. Get the manuals and read before doing any work on them. We donít want to have to read about another tractor accident, or worse fatality.

Respectfully,
Tim Daley(MI)

FORD 8N ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR MANUALS:

...and lastly, but most importantly, practice safety all the time. This is from the FORD NAA OPERATOR'S MANUAL...

SAFETY IS JOB #1:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]