Re: FoMoCo LOGO -When?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on August 28, 2018 at 16:46:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: FoMoCo LOGO -When? posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 27, 2018 at 09:31:54:

Tim,
I'm not sure if "C" designates the sixties unless Ford used different part number procedures for tractors vs vehicles. When I was at Ford, 1965 to 1973, I was a production supervisor in the heater-A/C production. Part numbers in that area started with C. Why? I don't know. The next digit in 1965 was 5. In 1966 the second digit was 6. In 1967 the second digit was 7.
Now, if an internal part was a carry over from the first year it was released it retained the first year designation. A C5++ (+ just a place holder for my explanation) might be used in a C6 or C7 vehicle model year assembly.
From there the next two digits/letters designated the vehicle product line. So, a C5TA (1965) was a truck part. A C5AA was particular carline part number. Then there was a C6OA was a new model car in 1966.
Following those digits were numbers and letters designating the type of part: ie, a heater door was a ++254A in some models and a ++254B in others depending on the handle welded to it for the mechanical operation. Similarly, defroster doors were ++478A or B or C, again depending on the lever welded to it for the cable operation from the dash. (remember those?)
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Clear as mud? LOL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]