Re: PAINT CODE -THOUSAND SERIES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent S. on August 31, 2018 at 23:20:34 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: PAINT CODE -THOUSAND SERIES posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 31, 2018 at 09:20:45:

One thing that I got a little anal on with my N's is matching the original color as close as possible. I bought rattle cans of any brand I could find and sprayed them over primer like you would your tractor. Nothing matched to my satisfaction. I then took an old hood with the gas tank removed, and polished the protected, non weathered inside of the hood. I took this to a PPG dealer that has the ability to scan and match colors. I told them that my standard was that I wanted to be able to dab the mixed color on the polished finish, and only see brush marks, no color difference. They came up with a perfect match in acrylic urethane(single stage). I have yet to get a whole tractor painted, but I have painted my front wheels and rear center disks, and I am very satisfied with the color match. I prefer the AU to the farm store brands as it seems to weather better in the long run. Sometimes the Omni or Shopline PPG paints can be a little light on pigment, and not cover well on sharp edges, but I've just cut the reducer to half or less of the recommended amount and have not had the problem with this color.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]