It Pays To Comparison Shop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 05, 2018 at 04:40:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

Last week I was shopping for a new 12V GRP 35 battery for a 9N. I first was at our trusty local auto parts store, the mom & pop store that has been in business for 50 years here, not one of the latest fashionable franchise stores, looking for some Ford Blue paint. They have it all, Champion & Auto-Lite plugs always in stock, coils, caps, rotors, points, batteries, and mix their own paint. I was surprised (not really) to find they only carried DEKA, INTERSTATE, and AC-DELCO brand batteries. I noted their prices, $84.00 for a GRP 35 DEKA 12V battery, 550 CCA, with a 10 year warranty. I then went around town to all the other places -CNH, Wally World, TSC, Auto Zone; and one or two others. The average price at these places was about $150-$170. TSC sells their Traveller Brand, 2-year warranty, but has a cheaper brand too, and it was $99 but only had a 90 day warranty. There was no doubt which one I went with -the DEKA. This was the first time I actually did some price comparison on batteries. By the way, the CNH dealer was the most expensive place. It only confirms what some of us have been saying for years. Invest in a good brand battery. You won't regret it.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]