Re: It Pays To Comparison Shop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SelectOSpeed on September 05, 2018 at 19:09:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: It Pays To Comparison Shop posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 05, 2018 at 04:40:25:

Tim I had used Deka batteries for years and bought them from 2 different family owned and operated parts stores like you describe. I compared battery prices one day at TSC who had the Exide line of batteries. Knowing that Exide made the John Deere "Strong Box" batteries and having very good experience with them when I was in my phase of collecting JD lawn &garden tractors, I switched to TSC Exides and have been very pleased. I could buy the Exide for usually 20 bucks cheaper than the Deka and the TSC employees didn't care what size battery you brought in as a core. I went to get a group 24 Exide a few weeks ago and discovered TSC had switched to their house brand (Traveler) as you described. Traveler brand appears to be made by Johnson Controls whom I'm told makes 80% of batteries nationwide. The other 20% being Deka and Interstate I'm also told by the Deka rep. I don't care for a Johnson Controls built battery. So I've switched back to Deka. Its a shame because the local TSC had a big following for the Exide batteries and they stayed rotated and fresh in inventory. Once again a good thing had to come to an end. FWIW. SoS


Follow Ups:


Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!
  
   

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]