Re: Sunken ship

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on September 23, 2018 at 19:55:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Sunken ship posted by Scott McKinnon NC on September 23, 2018 at 17:33:07:

Time is important. You can't leave it set while worrying about the house damage. If you have major home damage, that is your priority. Look for a replacement tractor.
When I burned my Jubilee, the insturance adjuster recorded it as my lawn mower and I was given $5000 for it and kept it. It is still in my barn as a worker.
I'm inclined to think that with a properly planned and careful process of draining all fluids including gas tank, transmission, differential, hydraulics, crankcase and oil filter, and the radiator, pull the spark plugs, pull the battery, distributor, and coil. Remove the starter and generator. Pull all of the wiring. Pull the muffler, carburator and air intake oil bath intake (remember to drain it). (Did I miss anything?)
All electrical componants will have to be rebuilt (starter, generator, distributor) or replaced (battery, coil).
Put fresh oils in all drained areas. Put some oil or Marvel Mystery Oil in all of the cylinders, but leave the spark plugs OUT. Install the starter and associated wire to connect the (a) battery. Tap the (new/rebuilt) starter through each cylinder stroke to be sure there is no hydraulic lock. If it rolls freely, hold the starter button until you see some pressure on the oil pressure gage.
If all appears and sounds good, put it back together. My bet is it will be fine.
I'm sure others will chime in with points to consider.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]