Re: Tire CaCl loading

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on October 04, 2018 at 04:48:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Tire CaCl loading posted by Eli Boling on October 02, 2018 at 12:30:05:

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar CaCl is your best bet.
Some guys complain they only got 70 years out of a set of rims because of the stuff but I don't find that a very convincing argument.
Alternatives, as said, are beet juice, used antifreeze or windshield washer fluid.
You can fill your own tires just by putting a spiggot on a 5 gal pail and letting it gravity flow into your tires. You have to burp the air out now and then to get them to fill. I have also usd the water pump from my ceramic tile saw to do it. Poured WWF into a trash can and ran the hose to the tire.
I had to burp them on occasion and add more to the trash can but I was outside raking leaves so burping wasn't a big deal.
I can not imagine not having ballast on a tractor. A trctor can Not put it's full horsepiwer to the ground without some kind if rear ballast. And adding ballast makes a tractor more stable on side hills, etc.
As Farmer Dan says, wheel weights are a great way to go too. I use either/or or both weights and fluid on my tractors.
In my opinion, in a perfect world, I could afford to fill my tires with Johney Walker Black Label. It would add significant weight, would not freeze or ruin your rims and if you broke down in the field you could nurse on a valve stem while waiting for help to arrive :)
Farmer Dan, what are the weights in your photo worth? My friend has a set like those and I'm thinking about buying them from him. Also, how much do they weigh? Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]