Re: 8n 12v conversion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony C on October 10, 2018 at 09:02:10 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8n 12v conversion posted by Luke on October 09, 2018 at 20:46:51:

A little off topic but.........

New Holland 68 Hayliners were fantastic balers as was the John Deere 24T.. for years I had a '68 and had zero problems with it. Kept it lubed and shedded with the knotter covered when it was laid up after season during the fall and winter. Would miss a bale occasionally making the turn at a row end but other than that no problems.

Mine was PTO powered. I pulled it with an SC Case and later with a JD "B". THe Case struggled a little but the B had no problem. My fields were flat as a table. If the hay was dry, early in the afternoon and it was a hot day I could bury the in feed and it wouldn't miss a beat. Only made twine tie bales, no vinyl.

Northern Wisconsin early seventies until 1980.

One of my bale racks was built on a Packard frame from the thirties. Had the Packard stamped hub covers on the front wheels. Still had the PAckard front end and differential. CLass of the neighborhood. Somewhere along the line the wheel centers were cut out and PU rims were welded in. Pretty good job too, wheels were true, at least at five to ten mph. Never towed it on a hard road with a pick up.

Tony

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]