Re: Stopping fuel leaks at fittings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason (SWOR) on October 17, 2018 at 18:42:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Stopping fuel leaks at fittings posted by Jason (SWOR) on October 17, 2018 at 11:05:57:

Thanks to all! I am grateful for the input and guidance. I need to reprint that 75 tips guide and then MEMORIZE IT. :)

So, what I am taking away from this is that I bought the right parts, try to avoid using sealant of any kind, be careful with the flare wrench and hope I do it just right, slowly and very carefully.

At this point I will try to hand tighten the ends, then proceed very carefully with a flare wrench, which is 7/16 and I just purchased today and just verified fit exactly correct, thanks to some of the advice. :)

Will be doing this Sunday, and looking forward to hearing the engine running again. If I can get it running consistently again, it will have a glorious future, according to my wife (who directly golds the purse strings!)!

As far as the shoulder goes, well, long story short (trust me, this is short for me!), I am 43 and my wife claims I was too young to "not be able to do things!", so we went ahead with the surgery. The sickening part was, following the reconstruction (which was every bit as painful as they said it would be, in spite of my super hero attitude), I heard nothing but terrible comments from people who claimed it was the "worst decision of my life". I heard this almost daily and from complete strangers out in public all the time. You folks here are the first one to encourage me. I just got cleared to change the oil on the car, so I figured this was an easy enough process and would give it a go. It is a long recovery, but I am hopeful! Thank you all very much for the kind words.

I'll keep you posted and let you know if I am all thumbs and overtighten and need to place another order. :)

You all be good in your neck of the woods and thank you all again!

Jason
Bandon, Oregon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]