Re: Cast Iron Front Mount Distributors????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 22, 2018 at 13:12:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Cast Iron Front Mount Distributors???? posted by Farmer Dan on October 22, 2018 at 10:13:59:

Dan, those are just the casting numbers, and they don't list very many at all in MPC's. The p/n 9N-12139 is the base and clamp ASSEMBLY number. Note too p/n 9N-12100 - is the distributor assembly, less coil. The 8N-12130 is the angle mount distributor ASSEMBLY number, not the base casting number. Though some front mount units have the cast raised casting number on the back base end, I find it strange there is no FORD script logo cast anywhere on the unit, on any that I've seen anyway. FORD was usually pretty good about ID'g parts with their logo. Now I'm wondering if the circled 2 and 3 may have been supplier ID marks. The 9N-12131 drawing would provide a lot if not all the answers to these questions. It may, or may not, have the note that the part number and FORD logo to be 'cast raised in this area', or even say 'vendor ID optional here'. Have you asked Don & Derek Barkley if the complete set of 9N blueprints they have includes one for the distributor? See, we learn new stuff all the time on these N's... ; > )...ain't this fun!!!

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]