Re: Is everybody ready for snow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 09, 2018 at 19:00:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Is everybody ready for snow posted by Kirk-NJ on December 09, 2018 at 06:40:38:

It's not so much the snow I dislike, but the temps below freezing I cannot hack. I just got in from muzzle loading deer hunting on yet another day that was only 30F high. This morning it was only 10F! All regular deer season it was the same thing. Last week we had one day that hit 59F. We had good tracking dust everyday, but it all melted that one fluke day last week. When we were kids, snow was cool. We prayed for a snow day but back then those only came if we got more than 2 feet of snow, unlike today where the chance of snow has school admins closing them before it even hits. We'd have our hockey rink made by Thanksgiving and seems it stayed that way til April. I used to love running my 8N to plow snow. I'd do the whole neighborhood, sometimes going 8-12 hours a day. Now with my arthritic knees and hands, I can't hack the shifting and clutching and raising and lowering. Now put me in an F-250 4 x 4 with front snow plow, warm cab, hot coffee, and the oldie C&W radio going, well, now its not work anymore. the ultimate Ford 9N Snow Plowing machine was put together by our own Farmer Dan. He installed a winch on the front and fabbed his own front snow blade. The unit is controlled up and down via the winch -no hydraulics involved at all. He added a Dearborn Utility Blade on the 3-Point as well. He also has a ZANE THANG installed and tire chains so this puppy ain't never gettin' stuck! Due to life issues, he no longer can play in the snow with Maude and has had her up for sale for a few months now.

FARMER DAN'S SNOW PLOWING MACHINE - 1940 FORD 9N, MAUDE:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]