IMPORTANT NOTE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 13, 2018 at 04:49:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: EARLY 9N GENERATOR BRUSHES posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 11, 2018 at 08:15:15:

I've been swamped with numerous requests for brushes, many via email. Please be sure to specify which brush you need and give a mailing address so I can prepare your package. I also need to stress, because a few have inquired, that these brushes are ONLY for the two early small 9N generators -either the A or the B unit. They will not fit/work on any other Ford generator. The 9N-10000-C generator and the 2N-10000 generator, both virtually identical inside and out*, use 3 brushes; two 40-10069 and one 40-10070 (3rd Brush). (* The 2N has the belt tensioning device bolted on the barrel). These brushes are the larger wafers and still available from Dennis Carpenter and Just8Ns. The OEM kit, p/n 40-10043, includes two 40-10069's and one 40-10070 brush. Now they list all 3 as the 40-10069 style. These were used in all the generators up thru the early 8N that are the 3-Brush type units and at 11.5 AMP output. When the 8N-10000-B generator was released, it was now a larger unit, 2-Brush style, and output was at 20 amps. The brushes for it are also still available, p/n is 01A-10069. These have a wire and mounting tab installed.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]