Re: When did you get your first "N" tractor?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 30, 2018 at 19:44:41 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: When did you get your first posted by Farmer Dan on December 30, 2018 at 12:10:39:

I'd say when I was about 2/3 years old is when I at least first got the 'Ford fever'. Here is a picture of my older brother (in seat) and I (on hood) 'driving' our grandfather's early 1939 9N at the farm in Bad Axe, MI about 1959. Our grandpa was the first person in Huron County, MI to own a brand new 1939 Ford-Ferguson 9N. Grandpa purchased it new in November, 1939, from the Ford dealer in nearby Ubly. My uncles told me people came from allover -near and as far as over a hundred miles away to watch it operate and work. Many wanted to borrow it or hire it and my uncles out. My uncles were 12 and 13 at the time. In 1997 my Uncle Pat died, and my Uncle Bernie passed in 2013. We sold the farm at auction in 1998. I then inherited the 9N and all the original implements that came with it. I am restoring it now to all original as a tribute to my grandpa and uncles. My grandpa died the year before I was born so I never knew him. he was exposed to nerve gas in WWI and had respiratory problems all his life. In 1990 I moved from Detroit to 50 miles north, about half way to Bad Axe, and bought an 8N. I was the 2nd owner it turns out, and I later found it to be an early 1948 model, with 5-digit s/n and engine casting code of September 16, 1947. Still have them both.

THE DALEY BROTHERS ON GRANDPA'S 1939 9N FORD-FERGUSON, circa 1959:

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]