Re: 8N Ford Tractor Lower Link

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 23, 2019 at 06:31:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N Ford Tractor Lower Link posted by Carlos Pizzi on January 22, 2019 at 17:48:09:

I was trying to picture the arms as I'm 6/7 miles away from the farm but thought about the linch pin holders being the only difference. I don't believe the arms are different lengths. The early 9N linch pin holders are mounted vertically and were changed at some point to the horizontally mounted clips. Seems one would only have to flip one over for one side, but will have to look at my early 9N and early 8N next time I'm at the farm. I don't believe the arms are different lengths; that doesn't seem practical. The distance from link under axles where the arms attach to the ball sockets on the end of arms is equal, somewhere like 31-1/2" or so, I think. Dimensions are always measured from centerline to centerline. Further proof can be evidenced by the optional stabilizer bars. The bars are identical; there is no LH or RH part, can be used on either side, and hole dimensions also equal on each. If one has bent, cracked, and/or welded lift arms, chances are someone installed stabilizer bars incorrectly. We have a document in our How-To's on the correct procedure for installing stabilizer bars -it matters. NOTE: There is a huge difference between STAY BARS, which are included with each new tractor in the parts shipping kit, and STABILIZER BARS. Stabilizer Bars are sometimes called 'SWAY BARS' because their intent is to prevent/limit side to side motion of the 3-pt lift arms and the implement attached. They were originally released as for use with the Dearborn Rear Attached Mower, and then realized they could be used on any implement that needed stable tracking. They work great when using Finish Mowers, Brush Hogs, and back blades for snow plowing. STAY BARS, a different animal altogether, are used when pulling an implement and attach from the top link rocker to the lift arm ball sockets/11-hole drawbar pins. The nominal height is 18" perpendicular from ground level to drawbar top surface. The STAY BARS keep that position locked in, and you use the OEM kit included SAFTEY WARNING LOCKOUT BADGE & CHAIN ASSEMBLY to clip onto the touch control so you DON'T accidentally try to raise the 3-pt and break things. The STAY BARS are typically used with the Dearborn Swinging Drawbar. Here is a typical Stay Bar setup:

FORD TRACTOR OEM WARNING BADGE CHAIN & WEDGE, 9N-5370; STAY BARS, 9N-5374 (upper) AND 9N-5375 (lower,) 2-EACH:

FORD OPTIONAL DEARBORN ACCESSORY STABILIZER BAR KIT TYPICAL SETUP:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]