Re: thermostat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 12, 2019 at 06:37:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: thermostat posted by thad on February 09, 2019 at 16:43:24:

Yes, like Kevin said, now's the best time to replace both upper and lower radiator hoses and clamps. Hoses will become petrified after years of hot and cold temps. New clamps will do wonders too; the OEM type work best and when you install them, ensure the screw/hex is visible and accessible for future use. Here's a picture of the OEM upper hose and thermostat. The hose band is not listed in ANY of the MPC's, and the hose is listed as 9N-8260 at 7.56" long, (which would be for the non-pressurized radiator) and the 2N-8260 at 10" long for the pressurized radiator. If the band was part of the upper hose, then it should be listed as an assembly. In the '52 MPC, the thermostat is listed as an assembly, p/n 9N-8575-A1. the A1 indicates there would be two versions/suppliers. All the MPC's show the rectangular-type thermostat so when was the pointed one issued and was it the A2 version? I don't see any 'extra holes' drilled in this example, but it's your tractor so have at it with your Black & Decker. I never had to, plus, tell me how does one gauge if extra holes do anything? There's no temperature gauge... just sayin'...

FORD N-SERIES TRACTOR ORIGINAL 160F THERMSOSTAT & HOSE w/BAND:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]