The 860 has been out of commission due to electrical issues since fall, but I finally got around to installing a new starter solenoid from Just8Ns yesterday. I checked fuel, air, & oil then she fired right up. About halfway down the drive I looked down to see the temp gauge pegged out.
After getting back to the barn I found the radiator was just about dry. No idea where the water went. Hoses were all good, no leaking around the tubes or tank. I went ahead & filled the radiator & started her up again. Temp fell back into green right away & stayed there until I got through with my driveway grading.
When I stepped off the tractor I spotted this behind the starter case....
I'm not certain, but I seem to recall pulling the original freeze plugs out to flush out sand I discovered behind the original temp bulb. First time I've seen one rot out like that.