Re: What have I got here?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TheOldHokie on March 09, 2019 at 12:54:29 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: What have I got here? posted by SteveJ on March 09, 2019 at 10:44:12:

How you plumb the plow cylinder(s) depends on what you have. Your original post indicated you have some sort of truck plow and I was assuming it already had hydraulic angle on it. This sounds like you are adding it. OEM setups commonly pair two single acting cylinders in opposed positions and use one to angle the blade while retracting the other. Additionally a cushion valve is mounted in the middle of the circuit to protect against damaging the plow and/or plow truck by hitting obstacles. The cushion valve allows the impacted cylinder to retract and the other to extend on extremely hard impacts rather than hold the blade hydraulically locked in a fixed position. I.E - it cushions the impact to prevent damage.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]