Re: The Old Girl Wouldn't Start.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on March 18, 2019 at 09:18:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: The Old Girl Wouldn't Start. posted by Kimberly on March 16, 2019 at 18:57:53:

Be Careful. A friend recently had the entire top blow off an old starting battery. He was disconnecting the charger when the battery exploded. Battery acid splattered everywhere. The battery top hit him in the face. His safety glasses and hat ended up on the other side of the garage. The rest of the battery case was mostly intact but cracked and leaking so he set that outside, then went and changed clothes. He dissolved some baking soda in a spray bottle and was spraying the area to neutralize acid when his headache got so bad he decided to go to the doctor. His doctor was stunned that he has no flash burns or chemical burns. The battery top must have shielded his face and neck as it was clobbering him. His only injury was a small cut on one eyebrow. The headache may be concussion or from the flash. The doctor told him to avoid bright lights and sunlight for a few days. It is very fortunate that he only lost a battery and a set of work clothes.


Follow Ups:


Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!
  
   

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]