Used Lift Clyinder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 18, 2019 at 11:39:04 [URL] [DELETE] :

After cleaning up the used lift cylinder there are some scratches. They aren't deep but they are there. I will include some photos. Tim recommended replacing the cylinder and that is probably wise. I don't have the money in the budget for a new cylinder but I wanted to get the lift working for ploughing the gardens. It could be that this is the cylinder we decided not to use. It has been so long since we went into the lift; Mum was still here at that time; I am thinking it has been 18 years (it always surprises me at just how fast time passes). This is what I remember. We had the old style three ring; we made the trip about 45 miles from here to a tractor supply house to get the new O-ring piston and I thought we got a used cylinder and had it honed. We had a question about scratches after the honing and the guy told us that the scratches would be OK, that the new O-ring would be able to seal unlike the old three ring style. However, I can't remember if we decided to take his word or not. At the time I didn't have knowledge of the N Tractor Club. I think I will wait, pull out the current cylinder and see if we replaced it with a new one or not. If it also has one with scratches then I will see about a replacement. I don't want to delay the repair any longer but $60 plus shipping isn't in the budget, I have already spent more than I could afford this month; not just the tractor but other areas around the household as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]