Re: The Old Girl Wouldn't Start.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 18, 2019 at 11:57:37 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: The Old Girl Wouldn't Start. posted by K.LaRue-VA on March 18, 2019 at 09:18:01:

I am glad your friend is OK after this accident. Batteries can explode for several reasons. For one, always remember that lead-acid batteries produce hydrogen gas when they are being charged. No smoking around them, no sparks of any kind. Turn off your charger before disconnection the leads. I had to replace my old charger due to a bad transformer; I would like to repair it if I could find a transformer for it. My old charger had an on off switch plus a timer. My new one doesn't have an on off switch so I have to unplug it to turn it on and off. Shorts in batteries can cause a large amount of current flow that can cause a battery to explode. I remember reading some BS about how a high school girl had develop a method for charging lithium cells in minutes. I thought, yeah, a high school girl had develop a method that the phD electrical engineers couldn't. Yes, you can charge any battery in minutes by pushing a large amount of current through them but you risk the battery overheating and exploding.


Follow Ups:


Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!
  
   

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]