Re: Used Lift Clyinder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 19, 2019 at 11:06:35 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Used Lift Clyinder posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 19, 2019 at 10:08:20:

My friend that was murdered was a machinist; he had everything. He was my "go to" for such things and I miss having him both as a friend and as someone that could help me. No, I think I know the history of why I have that cylinder. I think that is the original cylinder and the reason it was not used is because of the scratches. Some 18 years ago; I can't remember exactly, work was done on the hydraulic lift. I know the hydraulic pump was rebuilt using a kit from Steiner Tractor. However, I am fuzzy on the cylinder. I know we made a trip to some tractor supply place and got the new 0-ring style piston but I don't know about the cylinder; don't know if a new one was purchased or a used one was put in. That is why I am going to continue with the tear down so I can see the cylinder in the tractor. At that time my brother was up for a visit and helped with the work but I doubt if he remembers what we did even if he would answer the phone. As for the relief valve, I don't remember but the current kit on Steiner Tractor does show one included in the kit so it the kit had one, it was replaced. I did purchase a new relief valve and plan on replacing that. The lift has been harder at picking up implements, especially the disc and then last year I had trouble getting the lift to rise at all. I want to see the cylinder that is in the lift first before ordering a new one; for all I know, the cylinder may have been replaced with a new one, or it may have been replaced with a used one. It could be that the backing washer wasn't used and the O-ring failed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]