Re: Update on the lift repair - New Pics of cylinder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 21, 2019 at 11:47:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Update on the lift repair posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 21, 2019 at 03:04:57:

No, because the lift started leaking down and was also slow to rise. Over the years the lift has not operated well. Part of it could be adjustments out of whack. Of course the slow to rise could be low pressure but since the pump has already been rebuilt, I did get a new pressure relief valve since I don't know if the kit had one at the time. Memory is fuzzy after all these years. Last year I had the turn plough on the tractor to turn land that hadn't been turned before. I had the lift in draft control. Lowered the plough, made the turnover with the soil, stopped, went to raise the plough and it wouldn't come up. I put the lift in position control and it didn't want to come up either, after a few tries I got the lift to raise the plough and headed for home. Dropped the turn plough and it has been sitting in the shed since.

Tim, look again at the piston, it does have the leather washer and it is in front of the O-ring; is that correct? Pressure would be pushing the O-ring towards the front of the piston into the washer, is that correct? I show three sides of the piston. There is a long line on one side from the front to the back of the piston. The other side shows a wider area of wear on the piston. It appears that the piston doesn't rotate in the bore in use since there are those distinct wear pattern. I am guessing some grit was in the system. I am including better photos of the cylinder.

I am sorry about the confusion; I thought the control rod was bad. I like to have everything on hand when I go into something. My memory on this is fuzzy at best.

The gasket kit I got has an O-ring and washer; I am guessing leather as I have not open the kit yet. If you think I should replace the piston then send me a PM. Thanks for your help.

tractor_cylinder_2.jpg

tractor_cylinder_3.jpg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]