Re: Cheap Six Volt Battery - Rural King - More Info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on April 05, 2019 at 13:14:35 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Cheap Six Volt Battery - Rural King posted by Tim Daley(MI) on April 05, 2019 at 05:44:34:

I did some searches, the CarQuest battery that Advance Auto is selling is made by East Penn, the Rural King battery is an Exide battery. It is hard to say more since I don't know about the construction of each battery, the Advance Auto battery may be a better battery and thus worth the 115.58% increase in price over the Rural King Exide battery. Such things as impurities in the lead, thickness of the plates, etc. affect the life of the battery. The old AutoCraft battery that Advance Auto use to sell was made by Johnson Controls; that battery lasted me seven years. Tractor Supply sells a Traveller branded battery; from what I can find, it is manufactured by Exide. It lists a 700 CCA so that would indicate that it may have more stuff inside. Price for the Traveller battery is $74.99. The last TSC battery I got had a two year warranty; now it only has a one year warranty. The TSC battery lasted for three years before I replaced it with the AutoCraft. One question I have here is one needs to know how these companies come by their ratings; is there an industrial standard testing method to give CCAs? Or is this manufacture by manufacture?

I am leaning to trying the Rural King based on the price alone; even though it has the lowest CCA rating of the three.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]