Re: Real Hardware Shops - Are there any left?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on April 19, 2019 at 06:21:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Real Hardware Shops - Are there any left? posted by Kimberly on April 18, 2019 at 22:54:20:

Not really any left. ACE, BEST/DO-IT CENTERS, Home Depot, Menards, et al but here’s the thing: As far as hardware, all only carry a limited supply of SOME basic sizes. I wish I could rely on my local franchises to support/buy from but I can’t as they never have the part I need. The TSC outlets are the same –just a big pet food/cowboy clothing store with some overpriced bug spray and assorted paint, oil, and supplies. No hardware worth wasting time looking for and the stuff they do carry is overpriced. FASTENAL too is huge waste of time, is way overpriced, and some parts they say they can order, but you pay a stocking/ordering fee too and have to wait for delivery. My local CNH dealer stocks hardware and has a real good selection. I will drive the 15 miles to them rather than waste my time going to town 5 miles away to TSC or ACE or Home Depot as they will have most of the items I seek. We use to have a company called Mid-States Bolt that carried most all my needs and if they had to order it, would be in the store the next day or they’d ship it right to my house. Fastenal came to town and forced them out of business. I will buy now in bulk from McMaster-Carr. I can get 100 nuts or bolts for the same price those other places ask for a 2-pak. There are a few other places to buy in bulk and/or specialty parts, but pricing may not be pleasing.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]