Mixed Emtions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on April 24, 2019 at 11:46:14 [URL] [DELETE] :

Monday, I sold my VERY good 860. The buyer will be picking it up in a couple of hours.

Mixed emotions about this as it is extraordinary and loaded with all of the bells and whistles. Still, the barn has turned orange and I haven't used it much for over 10 years. I spend more time starting it every 6 weeks or so, changing the gasoline every 6 months or so and replacing the battery every few years.

I know it inside and out and will be sorry to see it go but can use the space for my new bat wing.

I still have the 64, 4000 SOS that may still become my retirement project and will keep the 52 Sherman combo equipped 8N with just over 1,100 original hours forever.

The 52 serves as my quad. It has a never removed carryall on the lift full of hand tools, chains, chain saws, gas cans, etc. About 18 months ago, I bought Kubota RTV-X1100C diesel unit with heat, air, etc., to replace the 52 but it just sits in the barn. The 52 is always the first machine out of the barn and after nearly two years, the RTV has only 11 hours on the clock. It had 3 hours when delivered. I would sell it but would take too much of a hit.

The buyer of my 860 is a retired pilot and seems to know his vintage Fords. He is replacing an 8N so I'm sure that he will be pleased. I think the 860 has found a good home.

Dean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]