Old Girl's Wheels Need Some Paint

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on May 02, 2019 at 11:25:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

As you can see in the photo, the Old Girl's wheels could do with some paint on the inside. The other wheel is just as bad. I took the wire wheel to it but I think I will need to try the little hand held sandblaster I have on them.

My question is about the paint. I have a 10% coupon from TSC that I am going to use to buy the UTF. I was in the shop and noticed they have two paints that list a Ford Grey and a Ford light Gray; the caps on the rattle cans looked the same as far as the colour of the caps. One is Rustoleum (Ford Grey) and the other is Majic (Ford Light Grey). I did some searches and some said they thought the Majic tended to fade; lack of UV stuff in the paint perhaps? The Majic is cheaper priced.

Now TSC has the paint in rattle can, quart, and gallon. My question is if anyone has used the Rustoleum Ford Gray paint and how close does it match to the original colour on an 8N? Has anyone used the TSC Majic Ford Light Grey paint? The reason I ask is that if I buy a gallon I can have the paint for the hood and fenders as well as the outside of the wheels; all which need painting as well. If the colour is too far off, then I might just get some paint for the inside of the wheels and wait on the other since you don't see the inside of the wheels that easily with the fenders in place.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]